Are you sick of seeing buskers that aren't doing good music the justice it deserves to be covered? Do you cringe and think "If I were up there, I'd do a better job!!"?
I am a talented Guitarist who is looking to move into the Busking scene. I have not busked before, but have a lot of gigging (Pubs, Clubs, Private Hire) experience around the UK.
I need a singer. If you are a singer who happens to have busking experience, that's great. If not, it's OK, as long as you are willing to give it a strong try and have genuine interest in working professionally on this. Bear in mind also, at some point down the line, I will also be on the look out for wine bar / pub / function duo gigs for the two of us to work on once we become solid as a duo.
The singer must:
- Be able to sing a large variety of genres (POP, ROCK, FUNK, SOUL, JAZZ, BLUES)
- Be VERY BRAVE(!), confident and have tonnes of get-up-and-go
- Be a hard worker and always looking to improve. I will consider all perfectionists!
- Have a good ear / Improv. skills (IE - Hear a well known rock song and be able to envision it being played in a softer / melodic style. I want to do a lot of this.
- Lastly... you must be available as soon as possible
We will cover a very large variety of music. Mostly crowd pleasures by artists such as Van Morrison, Michael Buble, Hendrix, Prince, . . The harder stuff that we cover will have a laid back feel to it, so effectively, you will need to be versatile in swapping styles. We would turn pop into jazz and hard rock into soul...
Will consider both male and female singers. If you sing and sing well, I will consider you!
Let's get out there, play the public some fantastic music.