|Keyboard ability:||Expert||Producer ability:||Expert
|Saxophone ability:||Expert||Like to join a band:||Yes
Hardworking, Experienced Secondary Head of Music of Inner City / London Schools
Pianist, Saxophonist, Composer/Producer, Band Promoter, Vast experience of Music Technology inc Logic, Cubase and Resourcing Recording Studios within schools.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
Higher Education; PGCE Secondary Music (11-18) – Institute of Education
BA (Hons) Popular Music with Music Technology (2.2) – University of Derby
A Levels; Music (C), Music Technology, (D), English Literature (E), AS Business Studies (E)
10 GCSE’s; English (C), English Literature (D), Maths, (C), Double Science (B-B), Music (B), Spanish (C), French (D), Social Science (D), CDT-D&R, (E)
Other Qualifications; Grade 5 Music Theory, Grade 8 Alto Saxophone, Basic English (85%)
Currently studying and applying towards; Grade 8 Pianoforte, Grade 8 Music Theory, ABRSM Piano Diploma.
W O R K H I S T O R Y
Northolt High School (A Specialist Technology School) – Northolt, Middlesex Jan 2008 – April 2011
Head of Music
• Developing and incorporating Musical Futures into the Key Stage 3 Curriculum with an emphasis on Vocals, Drum Kit, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards and Music Technology (iMac’s, Pc’s and Recording Studios using Logic 9, Garage Band and Fruity Loops Software).
• I applied for the school to gain ‘Musical Futures Champion School Status’ twice.
• Implemented and standardised the Peripatetic Lesson Structure for all instruments and Lesson Passes for students.
• Created Northolt High School Music web pages on NUMU, Facebook and The Schools Virtual Learning Website on Fronter.
• Created an ‘Every Childs Music Matters’ ethos within the department before school, at break times, lunchtimes and afterschool.
• Hired Peripatetic Staff e.g. Voice, Drum Kit, Brass, Violin and Cello.
• Shared good practice with other colleagues on how to teach students with their own individual computer netbooks. Assisted students with using their netbooks in a music context and a whole school context.
• Developed the range of instruments in the school to include saxophones, cello, electric violins, electronic drum kits, flutes, clarinets, line 6 guitar amplifiers and a recording studio. Resourced the dept with powerful IMac computers with Logic, Garage Band and PC’s with Fruity Loops.
• Created many spreadsheets to track student achievement/ underachievement and to track the styles of questions students have difficulty answering in exams. This includes data analysis against previous achievement, FFTD, CATS et al.
• Started, set up, resourced AS and A2 Music Technology. Mentored and Coached the Music teacher in the successful delivery, planning and teaching of this course - 100% Pass Rate at A2.
• Coached and mentoring students as individual musicians on a one to one / personalised learning style at all key stages.
• Implemented an Extra Curricular and Peripatetic Music Timetables.
• Wrote and revised the Music Dept Self Evaluation Form on a regular basis to raise achievement and standards.
• Oversaw the entire running of the 2008 Northolt Community Christmas Concert and participated fully at subsequent concerts overseen by the Assistant Headteacher.
• Encouraged students to upload MP3’s to Youtube, Numu, Facebook and Myspace and to create their own online music pages.
• Wrote a ‘Music Video’ Scheme of Work and encouraging students to upload their music videos to Youtube.
• Battle of the Bands – supported bands of the school at Battle of the Bands competitions at Lampton School, in Camden and helping three bands compete for the UK Semi Finals. One band went to the final at the 02 Arena.
• Supported a Band Agent student in Year 11 who went to Number 10 Downing St to present his participation in the Blastbeat Battle of the Bands competition.
• 02 Arena Beatles Concert – Taking gifted and talented singers to the 02 Arena Beatles Concert in July 2009 where they participated with a number of choirs from around the