Bass Guitar ability
Influences: Ludwig Göransson, John Williams, Dave Cobb
I’m an experienced Producer/Composer and a degree in BA Commercial Sound Production. I have developed a passion for studio recording, mixing, and producing, and composing.
I have refined my skills as a Producer by completing projects from planning, recording, mixing, and mastering to burning the finished product to disk. I also upload my work to online music distribution and multi-media platforms such as iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud and YouTube.
Music has a huge influence on my life. I’ve been playing guitar for 11 years, and also play bass guitar and drums. I am the lead guitarist and songwriter in the rock band, Magic Trik. We have been gigging, promoting, and releasing our original music for 4 years. My motivation and passion in finding opportunities and promoting the band has been key to its success.
Scottish Pink Floyd Tribute Act – May 2018
- I recorded 4 songs for the 8-piece band.
- I worked well under pressure whilst maintaining a professional standard.
National Theatre of Scotland – November 2017 and February 2018
- I recorded and edited interviews, added and mixed background music within Pro Tools.
- I recorded a 30-piece choir.
- I co-ordinated a large number of musicians and communicated effectively.
- I followed a strict client brief to their satisfaction.
New College Lanarkshire Creative Break Project – January 2018
- I worked as part of a team to produce a track for an artist within a tight time schedule.
- I made the client feel comfortable in an unfamiliar recording environment.
Guitar Tuition – August 2015 to June 2016
- I taught a class of 14 to 15 years olds electric, acoustic, and bass guitar for their exam preparation.
- I had to be patient, resilient and cater for each person’s needs.
AM Rehearsal Studios – February 2013
- I gained practical experience setting up the rehearsal spaces for bands.
- I communicated effectively with customers and other staff members.
- I attained experience answering customer phone calls.
University of the West of Scotland- BA Commercial Sound Production
New College Lanarkshire August 2016 – Present
Greenfaulds High School August 2010 – June 2016
Qualifications: Grade Attained Date Level
HND Sound Production B June 2018 SCQF Level 8
HNC Sound Production B 2017 SCQF Level 7
Pro Tools 101 Pass 2018 Avid – 101
Adv. Higher Music – Practical A 2016 SCQF Level 7
Higher Music A 2016 SCQF Level 6
Higher Art B 2016 SCQF Level 6
Higher Spanish C 2015 SCQF Level 6
H. English: Creation and Production Pass 2016 SCQF Level 6
H. English: Analysis and Evaluation Pass 2016 SCQF Level 6
Three National 5 Qualifications, including English, Spanish and Art.
Four National 4 Qualifications, including Mathematics, French, Geography and Biology.
- Very competent with a multitude of Digital Audio Workstations such as Pro Tools and Ableton.
- Computer Skills, including a great knowledge of programs such as Microsoft office, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Photoshop
- Confident in literacy, numeracy and problem solving.
- Excellent listening, communication, and leadership skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Friendly and well-mannered.
Clark Neville, Sound Production Lecturer at New College Lanarkshire - Clark.firstname.lastname@example.org