Teaching or Choreography ability
- Hip Hop
I have been dancing since the age of 3 (around 15 years in total) and I am professionally trained in ballet, contemporary, lyrical and Russian character. I have years of experience in jazz and hip hop, and I have also danced Charleston, Waacking, Fosse jazz, street jazz, urban and Kpop.
I studied the RAD syllabus of ballet until the age of 12, and then in 2014 began studying the Vaganova method of ballet full-time at Ballet Theatre Australia under Leeanne Rutherford and Oleg Timursin, as well as contemporary under Ben Davis (Principal Dancer, The Australian Ballet). In 2019, I graduated from the pre-professional full-time program and have since been performing with the Hillsong Melbourne Dance Team and Cypher Dance Crew at theatres, festivals and arenas across Melbourne.
I keep up my training by attending Passion Dance Studio and O2 Dance Studios. I have also had the amazing opportunity to attend dance workshops taught by both Bailey Sok and Kasper (Kim Tae Woo).
I have trained with TAFE for my Certificate III in Dance and completed the VCE Dance course (Units 1-4). Both of these programs heavily focus on choreography and dance theory, and through them I have had training as a choreographer.
From 2014-2019, I performed in theatres with Ballet Theatre Australia, receiving soloist roles from ballets such as La Bayadere, Don Quixote, Paquita, The Shurale and The Pharoah’s Daughter. I have also performed with the Hillsong Melbourne Dance Team in their Christmas Spectaculars in 2018 and 2019 at the Regent Theatre and Margaret Court Arena respectively, as well as their Sunday Night Live and Christmas Eve events since 2016.
In 2019, I co-founded Cypher Dance Crew. We perform at festivals, events, competitions and dance videos online, and we are also open to different types of performance opportunities if you need a group of people with a range of dance backgrounds! Running a dance crew has increased my teaching, teamwork and leadership skills, and it has pushed me to improve in a range of dance styles.
In 2020, I have begun dancing in and choreographing for music videos, recently featuring in the ‘King of Eve’ MV by Luna Vexa.
I am also experienced in creating choreography, recently choreographing a lyrical solo for Hillsong's Christmas Spectacular 2019 at the Margaret Court Arena.
NOTABLE ROLES & ACHIEVEMENTS
* Luna Vexa 'King of Eve Music Video | 2020
* Founded Cypher Dance Crew |2019
* Hillsong's 'Christmas Spectacular' (Margaret Court Arena) | 2019
- Hip-Hop Dancer & Ballet Soloist
* Hillsong's 'Sunday Night Live' | 2019
- 'The Greatest Showman' Dancer
* Kspot Dance Competition | 2019
- Finalist in Hip-Hop/Kpop Dance
* 'The Shurale' with Ballet Theatre Australia | 2019
- Main Villager (Ballet & Character Dance)
* Hillsong's 'Christmas Spectacular' (Regent Theatre) | 2018
- Jazz & Ballet Dancer
* Gala Performance with Ballet Theatre Australia | 2018
- Spanish Dance Soloist
* Hillsong's Christmas Eve Show | 2017
- Lyrical Dancer
* 'Don Quixote' with Ballet Theatre Australia | 2017
- 'Cupid' (Soloist)
* 'La Bayadere' with Ballet Theatre Australia | 2017
- 'First Shade' (Soloist)
* 'The Pharaoh's Daughter' with Ballet Theatre Australia | 2017
- Female Variation (Soloist)
* Hillsong's Christmas Eve Show | 2016
- Ballet Soloist
* 'Momentum' with Ballet Theatre Australia | 2016
- Ballet & Contemporary Soloist
* 'La Bayadere' with Ballet Theatre Australia | 2015
- 'Scarf Dance Duettist'
For more information on past roles/performances, please refer to the credits section of my profile, or my resume which can be found at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i4XDGdJZ_aflYconC-wPgWa31lKLH_2N/view?usp=drivesdk
For more information, please check out these links:
- Website: https://hannahkirkby.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hannahkirkbyperformer
- Cypher Dance Crew: http://bit.ly/CypherDCYouTube