To help cement Memrise in people’s minds as the most creative, engaging and language-knowledgeable brand by producing high quality, entertaining audiovisual content.
While the job is currently remote, applicants must be prepared to transition to working in our office, located on Fashion Street - in East London once it is safe for office working practice again.
Applicants can live anywhere in the UK but must be prepared to move to London when required.
Responsibilities & Reporting:
- Reporting to the Head of Digital Media Production.
- Write, develop and pitch creative concepts for social media, in app and marketing videos.
- Produce video projects from development through to delivery.
- Produce audio projects from development through to delivery.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and produce videos for our app stores and paid ads.
- Produce In App Video (IAV) content internationally.
- Budget creation, management and reconciliation with margin targets.
- Running shoots with precision and managing multiple stakeholders within tight shooting schedules.
- Coordinating crew bookings, camera and lighting equipment, travel and permits.
- Managing stakeholders from client brief, through budgeting pre-production, shoot and post.
- Negotiate with third party suppliers and crew including, but not limited to directors, photographers, crew, post houses, sound houses, equipment companies and studios.
- Be responsible for all the relevant contracts and business affairs involved in producing work including, but not limited to artists contracts, crew agreements, fees and usages, music contracts, IP agreements, location licences and permits, film permits, visa requirements (with support from Business Affairs and Head of Production).
- Negotiation of the requisite production insurances (with support from Head of Production).
- Solid understanding and responsibility for crew, equipment and art department needed for branded content production including all relevant union rules and regulations (APA, Bectu)
- Responsibility for when clearances and regulatory requirements are relevant (Clearcast, ASA, CAP, BCAP)
- Problem solve and negotiate with various stakeholders (client, internal and 3rd party suppliers) to achieve the desired outcomes, always with a focus on creating brilliant work for clients.
- Ensure that internal status sheets for all live jobs are kept up to date and that information is accurate.
- Engaging in a positive manner with all colleagues both junior and senior.
- Leading the creative direction for a number of videos to be replicated by international freelance crews
- An interest in working alongside technical teams to create interactive video experiences
- Confident, proactive and persuasive, not afraid of approaching people and gaining their trust to participate in our videos
- A strong understanding of social media with experience producing content for it
- A network of video production crew that you can tap into for larger scale works
- Love of languages/knowledge of one other language highly desirable but not essential
- Problem solving, negotiation and the ability to express and articulate complex information in a straightforward way
- Technically confident with common TV & digital moving image formats and technical specifications
- Awareness of post-production applications, i.e. Avid, Premier, After Effects, 3DS Max, Nuke etc
- Excellent Business IT skills including; google suite, trello, office
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesWe will be holding interviews online from 26th April 2021.
The start date for this job will be in May. The exact start date can be discussed.
Fixed price of £30000 - £30,000 a year. Pro rata, for an initial 3 months contract.
The owner of this listing has agreed to abide by the UK National Minimum Wage Act. Find out more
Anyone, aged 18 and over
Applications closed 22 April 2021.