Vocal Tutor/Choir Leader, Oasis Academy Silvertown
Oasis Academy Silvertown is a small secondary academy part of Oasis Community Learning, whose vision is to deliver ‘Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community’. At Silvertown we have high aspirations for our students and a big vision for the arts that promotes creativity, promises inclusivity and pursues excellence. We believe that all children should engage in high quality music making, regardless of their background and that singing is at the heart of this. The academy choir is currently 30 strong and sings popular, gospel and traditional African songs but is ready to be challenged to develop its repertoire and standard.
· Teach high quality individual/paired singing lessons.
· Prepare arrangements for the choir.
· Rehearse the choir and prepare for and lead performances.
· A genuine belief that all children have a right to an inclusive and high quality music education.
· A vision for developing singing with young people.
· Motivation to continually improve and strive for excellence.
· Professional experience as a musician (must include popular music).
· Leading choirs or vocal groups.
· Work with children and/or young people.
· Managing behaviour and musical routines.
Start date: ASAP but ideally January 2019
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and must have the right to work in the UK.
Paid : £30 per hour
Vocal Tutor/Choir Leader
Anyone, aged 18 and over from United Kingdom
- Located in London, UK
- Joined August, 2018