Talented Musical Director Needed for Successful East Midlands Youth Theatre
Are you passionate about the performing arts? Would you like to share your experience with the next generation of performers? If so, then Act One could be looking for you.
Act One was founded in 1996 and is a very successful youth theatre group based in Shepshed, Leicestershire, run by an entirely voluntary committee and production team. We are committed to providing the best experience possible of live theatre for this talented group of young people and to this end perform a full musical in February and a concert in July each year. We are proud to have had several members go on to work professionally in the theatre over the years.
Our current Musical Director is leaving after 12 years’ service and we are looking for someone to take on this role starting in August 2019.
The main responsibilities are:
• Attending rehearsals regularly on a Friday evening
• Auditioning new members (with the other members of the production team)
• Preparing suitable audition vocal material for each show
• Auditioning and casting each show (with the other members of the production team)
• Teaching and coaching all songs, including harmony lines, to the soloists and ensemble cast
• Recording vocal lines as necessary to aid learning
• Booking band members for show week
• Conducting the show
• Devising a concert programme (with the other members of the production team)
• Booking a small backing band for the concert performances
• Ability to play keyboard desirable, but not essential
DBS check required
If you feel you could fulfil this role, then please get in touch
We plan to invite interested candidates along to a rehearsal to get a feel for the ethos of the group, and our current MD will be very happy to discuss the role in more detail. We may also ask you to take part of a rehearsal at a later date.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesRehearsals are Friday evenings 6.30 - 9.30 pm in Shepshed, Leics - Role commences August 2019
Performances are usually 1 week in January/February and 1 week in June/July annually ongoing.
The owner of this listing has agreed to abide by the UK National Minimum Wage Act. Find out more
Please see main listing for full details
Anyone, aged 18 and over from Leicester, UKApply now
- Located in Leicester, UK
- Joined April, 2007