- Contacting me from time to time about my registration, account updates, and information about StarNow features (but I can update my email settings at any time and unsubscribe from such correspondence).
- Publishing my images and profile to promote me as a member of StarNow.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), if you are based in the European Union, StarNow is both a controller and processor of your personal information.
Privacy of your information
StarNow collects personal information about you through your use of the services and the Website, including your registration details; and information relating to your use of the Website and the content you access.
If StarNow is unable to collect personal information from you, your use of StarNow’s services may suffer from reduced functionality, and certain features of the service may be disabled.
You agree that StarNow may process your personal information:
- all personal information that you provide to StarNow for inclusion in your personal profile will be collected and stored on the StarNow Website to enable visitors to the Website and advertisers to view your profile, and your profile will also be accessible from search engines such as Google (unless you have set your profile to Private); and
- where you choose to apply for any role advertised through StarNow your contact details and any information entered into your personal profile will be provided to the advertiser (including any photo you have uploaded);
- where you have placed a listing or advertisement, any information entered into the listing details will be provided to applicants
- where it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by StarNow, being for ensuring Trust and Safety of users of the service, or StarNow’s internal business purposes (including in connection with any audits, professional advice, research, testing, analytics, fraud prevention, or process and service improvements), to verify your identity, and for contacting you from time to time about your registration, account updates, and promotional information about the StarNow Service and features;
- where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which StarNow is subject. For example, StarNow may disclose your personal information, including your name and contact details, to the relevant authorities, parties and/or the applicable intellectual property right holders (or their representatives) where the law requires or allows us to do so.
If you are a resident of the EU (including the United Kingdom), you also have the right to:
- request the erasure of any or all of your personal information;
- restrict or object to the processing of any or all of your personal information;
- request the porting of any or all your information to another organisation;
- lodge a complaint regarding our data processing activities as they relate to your personal information with the supervisory authority in your member state.
Please note that where StarNow is not, or is no longer, in a position to identify you within the information we hold (including because of any de-identification techniques we may have employed), then your rights as described above shall not apply.
StarNow will respond to any request made in respect of the above in accordance with the GDPR where you are resident of the EU (including the United Kingdom), and in all other instances in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand).
StarNow will respond to any request made in respect of the above without delay, but in any case within one (1) month of a request, or two (2) months where the requests are complex or numerous (in which case, we will inform you of such delay).
Data Minimisation, Retention and Erasure
If you make a request for StarNow to delete your personal information, and we no longer have a legitimate purpose to retain your data, we will securely delete your profile and personal data. Any back-up copies of your data will be archived out and deleted within 45 days of your request being actioned.
Despite the above, StarNow may:
- in some cases, retain a copy of your profile and account activity in order to fulfil our Trust and Safety obligations. Data retained for Trust and Safety purposes will be archived and stored in a secure manner after your account has been closed, and will not be accessed unless required for Trust and Safety reasons.
- Retain personal information in an aggregated, de-identified or otherwise anonymous form, such that there is no reliable way of identifying you from the information.
StarNow will collect, store, use or transmit your personal information securely using technical and administrative security measures as are reasonable in the circumstances and that reduce the risk of accidental or unauthorised loss, misuse, access, disclosure or alteration.
Please note that when providing personal information to StarNow via the Website, the transmission is not completely secure and will depend on your browser and internet settings. StarNow cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to StarNow via its Website and any such transmission is at your own risk.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive, or on your mobile device. StarNow offers many features that are only accessible when cookies are enabled. Cookies also help us to remember your membership details and preferences.
If you visit StarNow with your browser settings adjusted to accept cookies, we understand that you want to use our products and services. However, you can disable cookies at any time.
Find out more about cookies and learn how to adjust your cookie settings.
Third Party Websites
Third Party Services
StarNow may also use third party providers to provide certain services to you in connection with your membership on StarNow. StarNow may disclose personally identifiable information to these third party service providers for the sole purpose of the provision of services to you or in connection with your membership of StarNow.
A list of the categories of third party service providers StarNow uses to provide services to you in connection with your membership on StarNow is provided below:
- web hosting services (such as Rackspace and Microsoft Azure)
- direct marketing services (such as Mailchimp, SendGrid and Returnpath)
- marketing and remarketing services (such as Google Adwords and Facebook)
- analytics and reporting services (such as Google Analytics)
- site security and monitoring services (such as Raygun)
- payment services and billing agents (such as Worldpay, PayPal, DataCash, Spreedly, Apple, Internet Payment Services Limited)
- mobile app services (such as Apple)
- social Media services (such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- collaboration and documentation services (such as Slack, Evernote, Google Docs)
- UK advertiser and marketing services (such as Casting Days)
- Customer Relationship Management services (Pipedrive)
StarNow will only use trusted third party service providers for the sole purpose of the provision of services to you or in connection with your membership.
StarNow also uses third party remarketing cookies, in particular, Google AdWords. These remarketing services may place cookies on web browsers in order to serve ads based on past visits to our website. This means you may see ads about our service across the Internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). This allows us to make special offers and market our service to those who are interested in our service, and only display ads that are relevant to you.
We respect your privacy and do not collect or store any personally identifiable information through Google AdWords or any other third party remarketing system.
If you do not wish to see ads from StarNow you can opt out in several ways:
Spam and your email address
Your email address or Facebook account is used to identify your membership, and to sign in to the site.
After registering with StarNow you will receive regular casting call update emails, containing casting calls and auditions matching your profile. You may also receive our email newsletters, account updates and information about StarNow features, and messages from other StarNow members.
You can easily unsubscribe from most of our emails, either by using the 'unsubscribe' link provided in the email, changing your email settings on your profile or by contacting us using the information provided below. Please note that you won't be able to unsubscribe from some emails relating to important activity on your account (e.g. payment receipts, message notifications)
PO Box 6372, Marion Square
You may also contact our EU Representative directly, who will be happy to provide you with further assistance:
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd.
Unit 3D North Point House North Point Business Park New Mallow Road
Contact form: https://www.verasafe.com/privacy-services/contact-article-27-representative
Acceptance of terms and conditions
Changes to the terms and conditions
- StarNow is an online marketplace where Talent and Casting Professionals connect directly about jobs and auditions in the entertainment industry. StarNow is not an agency and does not represent talent or advertisers.
- StarNow operates a website which provides a service enabling advertisers such as television production companies, advertising agencies, theatres, event promotion companies and other advertisers operating in the entertainment industry to place classified advertisements. Advertisers may choose to place advertisements, and applicants such as models, actors, dancers, photographers, musicians and other individuals that may choose to apply to such advertisements, at which point the applicant's details will be forwarded to the advertiser or display further application instructions. This Service (or a more limited version of it) may also be accessed through the StarNow App.
- Advertisements may be linked to a microsite created and hosted by StarNow to also accept applications. Such microsites will be offered at StarNow's discretion.
- Users of the Service ("Members") who choose to subscribe to Membership of StarNow will appear in the Talent Directory, can contact and receive contact from other members of StarNow, and access further features and tools .
- By default, a Member's profile is public, and any internet user visiting StarNow may view that member's profile, including photos and showreels. Profiles are also accessible from search engines such as Google.
- Members may also purchase Credits on the Website. These Credits allow Members to contact other Members.
- StarNow is not responsible for the content, and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of the advertisements. Members should always use their own judgement in deciding whether or not to apply for any of the roles advertised on StarNow. We provide our Service only for the purposes of providing listings for casting, auditions, and at our discretion, general jobs, with third party Advertisers. Whether these roles are listed by the Advertiser or listed by a StarNow representative on behalf of the Advertiser, we shall not be liable under any circumstances for the actions of any Advertiser of any role or other job featured on StarNow.
- StarNow is not responsible for the content, and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of Members' personal information. Advertisers should always use their own judgement in deciding whether to contact, cast or audition Members. We shall not be liable under any circumstances for the actions of any Member.
- By submitting a listing for placement on StarNow you consent to the use of your name, website, email, logo and listing information in marketing and promotional activities conducted by StarNow.
- You acknowledge that the decision to offer you auditions or jobs rests with the advertisers who use StarNow, and the availability of such jobs is affected by the industry as a whole. StarNow cannot guarantee that applicants will be offered auditions or jobs, or that advertisers will find suitable talent, through using this Service.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any audition or job offered by employers is acceptable to you. StarNow is unable to provide advice relating to the nature, duration, terms, or payment for any job.
Responsibility for minors
StarNow is intended for persons aged 18 or over. Legal guardians may register and operate a profile for a minor. By registering and operating a profile on behalf of a minor, you acknowledge that some parts of StarNow may contain material that is inappropriate for minors, and you agree to supervise all activity that occurs on the minor’s profile.
Currently and without limit, individuals who are under 18 may not operate their own registered profile on StarNow.
You may not use StarNow's Services if:
- You have ever been convicted of a serious, violent, or sexually related criminal offence.
- You have previously been banned from using our Services, or are associated with someone who is banned from using our Services.
- You are directly or indirectly involved in the operation of an entity that competes with our Services.
- You are associated with the adult industry.
StarNow reserves the right to refuse or cancel any membership without explanation.
Paid and unpaid work
Whether your posting is for paid or unpaid work, you warrant that your posting and the job or audition advertised are not in breach of any relevant law in force including, but not limited to, the laws relating to the national minimum wage, employment rights and equality/diversity. You agree that it is your responsibility to meet all legal obligations towards those whom your posting is aimed at.
StarNow reserves the right in its absolute discretion not to allow your advertisement to be posted or to remove your advertisement from our Website and the App if, in its reasonable opinion, the advertisement is in breach of national minimum wage legislation or any other legislation, including laws relating to employment rights and equality/diversity.
- Termination of Competition: StarNow may vary the terms of, or terminate, a competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. StarNow will not award the prize if the competition is terminated.
- Prizes: The named advertiser with whom StarNow has partnered to run a competition is solely responsible for provision and delivery of any prizes stated. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, StarNow makes no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to applicants in relation to any prize, its fitness for purposes, merchantability or otherwise.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our competitions or prize-winners from receiving their prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour.
- All prizes must be claimed within twenty-one (21) days of our notification of winning unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after these periods to alternative prize winners or not to award them at all.
You agree to release, indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses) losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred by us to any person arising out of or in connection with your use of our Services, the Website or the App.
Subscriptions - Charges on your billing account
StarNow does not make a charge to an advertiser in the event that it employs an applicant and does not charge a fee or take commission from an applicant who has secured work from the provision of the Service.
- Billing agents.If you choose to make a payment to StarNow, StarNow bills you through an online account (your "Billing Account") for use of the Service. StarNow does this either directly as the merchant, or through one of its billing agents (Worldpay, Interactive Payment Services Limited, PayPal or Apple (the "Billing Agents"). The services provided by the Billing Agents to StarNow are administrative only and do not affect the contractual relationship between you and StarNow. For the purposes of privacy and the GDPR, Worldpay, IPS, and other billing agents may be considered a Data Controller wherever personal transactional data is processed.
- Payment method.The terms of your payment will be based on your chosen Payment Method and may be determined by your financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider. You authorise StarNow to charge your chosen payment method, and securely store your payment method so that you can continue to receive the Service. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card or it is lost or stolen, you must notify your Payment Method Provider. Where StarNow (or its Billing Agents) are obliged as a merchant to refund payment, we will do so to meet our merchant obligations. If StarNow (or its Billing Agents) does not receive payment from your Payment Method Provider, or has to refund payment pursuant to its merchant obligations, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand. StarNow and its Billing Agents reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
- Recurring billing.Your StarNow subscription will auto-renew and be automatically extended for successive periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the originally selected subscription rate. You accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to your cancellation. To change or cancel your subscription at any time, go to your subscription page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reaffirmation of authorisation.Your non-termination or continued use of the Service reaffirms that StarNow is authorised to charge your Payment Method. This does not waive StarNow's right to seek payment directly from you.
- Current information required. You must provide current, complete and accurate information for your Billing Account. You must promptly update any information that changes (such as a change in billing address, credit card number, or credit card expiry), and you must promptly notify StarNow if your Payment Method is cancelled (e.g. for loss or theft) or if you become aware of a potential breach of security, such as the unauthorised disclosure or use of your user name or password. Changes to such information can be made by emailing email@example.com. If you fail to provide StarNow with any of this information, you agree that StarNow may continue charging you for any use of the service under your Billing Account unless you have cancelled your subscription for the service.
- Billing discrepancies.Unless you notify StarNow of any discrepancies within 60 days after they first appear on your payment statement, they will be deemed accepted by you and you release StarNow from all liabilities and claims of loss resulting from any such error or discrepancy.
- Cancellation.To cancel, you must give StarNow prior notice that you wish to cancel this payment authorisation or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect payments processed before StarNow reasonably could act. To cancel your authorisation or change your Payment Method, go to your subscription page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires and no further subscription payments will be taken. No partial or prorated refunds will be given for unused portions of your subscription term.
We reserve the right to increase fees or introduce new prices or charges at any time.
You have the right to cancel your subscription with StarNow and claim a refund of your first subscription payment within the first 30 days of your subscription. Please allow 5-7 days for your refund to be processed back to your original payment method.
Refunds will not be given outside the first 30 day period or for subsequent payments; however you can cancel your subscription at any time to prevent future renewal charges. To cancel your subscription, go to your subscription page.
If StarNow removes your membership due to a breach of your agreement with StarNow, no refund will be given.
Any refunds given at our discretion outside of this policy will be subject to an administration fee charged by our billing agent.
Upgrades/downgrades to membership
You may upgrade or downgrade your subscription at any time by going to your subscription page.
If you decide to downgrade your subscription mid-way through a current subscription, this will take effect on your next subscription payment. You may continue to use the benefits of your current subscription until your subscription renews at the downgraded rate.
If you decide to upgrade your subscription part-way through a current subscription, you will be charged a pro-rata payment for the upgrade based on the remaining amount of time left in your current subscription term. If the upgrade is close to your next subscription payment date (within 14 days of renewal for a 1 month membership, or 1 month of renewal for a 3 or 6 month membership), you will be charged the full amount of the upgrade, your upgrade will start immediately, and your upcoming subscription payment date and expiry date will be deferred from this day (by 1, 3 or 6 months, dependent on the length of your subscription term).
Upgrades will only be refunded if you meet the criteria for a refund within the first 30 days of your initial subscription, and the full subscription is being cancelled and refunded.
No partial refunds will be given for unused portions of your subscription term, for subscription upgrades or downgrades, or for any other reason.
StarNow Pro is a status assigned by StarNow and is only available to Members of StarNow who are registered on the site as industry professionals, and whose profiles meet the standards and criteria for StarNow Pro Status.
There is no additional charge for StarNow Pro Status, and we reserve the right to assign or remove StarNow Pro Status at our discretion at any time.
The Website, the App and any associated microsites created and hosted by StarNow, and all content on the Website and the App (including advertisements, data, text, graphics, photographs, logos, videos and the look and feel) and all intellectual property rights in those (including copyright) are owned by StarNow Limited (or our contributors and other licensors). You must not, and must not permit any other person to, copy, modify, adapt, create derivative works of, transmit, distribute, upload to any site, create a link to, exploit or deal with in any way, any part of the Website, the App or their content.
You are not permitted to use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce the name, trade marks and logos of StarNow for any reason without our express written permission.
You must access the Website via standard web browsers only and not by any other method (such as scraping, deep-linking, harvesting, data mining, use of a robot or spider, automation, or any similar data gathering, extraction or monitoring method) except with our express written permission.
Although we take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses or other destructive materials to our Website, App, associated microsites, or online service, we do not guarantee that the Service or materials that may be available from StarNow do not contain such destructive features. We shall not be liable for any damages or liability attributable to such features. If you use any materials available through StarNow, you do so solely at your own risk.
Access to StarNow may be interrupted, restricted, or delayed from time to time. We will not be liable for damages or costs in these circumstances.
You are responsible for ensuring that no material you post, or which is posted through a machine on which you access StarNow, nor any activity or communication you make in connection with any StarNow Service, will be capable of:
- Infringing the intellectual property, right to privacy, or other rights of any person or entity;
- Breaching any applicable law, whether criminal, tortious or otherwise;
- Being objectionable, within the meaning of the Films, Videos and Publications Classifications Act 1993;
- Appearing to be offensive, threatening, harassing, obscene, pornographic, fetish, false, unreliable or misleading; or
- Being considered spam or unwanted advertising of products or services.
StarNow reserves the right to report to authorities or remove any material from the Website and/or the App where we consider it appropriate.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
All information provided to us must be complete and accurate information. If your information changes you will be responsible for providing us with the updated information. We shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or consequences as a result of inaccurate or incomplete information we receive from you.
Password and sign-in security
You are responsible for any use of our online Service with your password and protecting your password from unauthorised use. You are also responsible for the security of any computer where you choose to remain signed in to StarNow.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because StarNow has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that StarNow is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that StarNow shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
StarNow iPhone App
This section only applies if you use the App to access the Services.
For the purposes of this section:
“Apple” means Apple Inc and other companies within its group.
“Apple Store” means the store/platform operated by Apple making the App available to iOS devices.
Where you have downloaded the App from the Apple Store, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Apple is not responsible for the App in any way, including for any maintenance or support of the App;
- to the maximum extent permitted by law, Apple has no warranty obligations with respect to the App;
- StarNow (and not Apple) is responsible for addressing any claims by you or a third party in connection with the App (including any claims by a third party that the App breaches that persons intellectual property rights); and
You represent and warrant (including for the benefit of Apple) that you are not, and will not, be located in any country that is the subject of a US Government embargo or that has been designated by the US Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and that you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
When you create a profile, you understand that StarNow will publish your information and photos, and allow other StarNow members to contact you.
You agree that you will not use the contact system to send junk mail, spam, offensive messages, or for any purposes other than those directly related to auditions or casting calls. StarNow will be the sole judge of any breach of the conditions of use. Any breach of these conditions can result in your membership being terminated and a permanent ban from StarNow. No refund will be given if you have breached the conditions of use.
Sharing your content and information
Please review our StarNow Community Guidelines.
New Zealand company number 1584653
PO Box 6372